Mirriam-Webster defines the word "trust" in various ways, dependant upon its particular use. As far as the men of the Catholic Church are concerned, it zeroes down to:
- an "...assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something"
- "one in which confidence is placed"
- "a charge or duty imposed in faith or confidence or as a condition of some relationship"
- "something committed or entrusted to one to be used or cared for in the interest of another"
- "responsible charge or office"
- "worthy of confidence"
- "a trustworthy guide"
By the way, isn't this crisis of a scale large enough to demand a meeting quicker than February 2019??
Copyright 2018 David Heath - All Rights Reserved